WHY USE BUCK D?
- Same performance as Thumper®
Trusted control of lamb’s quarters, redroot pigweed, Russian thistle and wild buckwheat
Control or suppression of 27 annual and perennial broadleaf weeds
Use in brown and dark brown soil zones
Use on Spring wheat, Winter wheat, and barley
Multiple modes of action – contact and systemic
Wide window of application
Great tank mix partner with Aurora®, HellCat®, or Himalaya™†
No re-cropping restrictions
Proven control of hard to kill broadleaf weeds for the best price
Seedling to 4-leaf stage
- American nightshade
- Ball mustard
- Common ragweed
- Cow cockle (1)
- Flixweed (1)
- Green smartweed
- Pale smartweed
- Pigweed (1)
- Night-flowering catchfly
- Redroot pigweed
- Russian thistle (2)
- Shepherd’s purse
- Stinkweed (1)
- Velvetleaf (3)
- Volunteer sunflower
- Volunteer canola (4)
- Wild mustard (1)
Seedling to 8-leaf stage
- Common buckwheat
- Common groundsel
- Stinkweed (1)
- Tartary buckwheat
- Wild buckwheat
- Wild mustard
(1) In normal conditions will be controlled up to the 4-leaf stage. Plants beyond this stage are unlikely to be controlled. The higher rate generally gives better results.
(2) Spray before plants are 5 cm high.
(3) Spray before plants are 8 cm high.
(4) Including all HT varieties.
- Group 4 and 6
- None required
- Bromoxynil 280 g/L emulsifiable concentrate (EC)
- 2,4-D Ester 660 g/L emulsifiable concentrate (EC)
- Case: 40 acres
WHEN TO APPLY
- Crop stage: 4 leaf to early flag leaf
- Weed stage: See weeds controlled section
- 5 – 10 US gallons/acre (20 -40 L/acre)
- 2 hour
- Grow all major crops the year after application
SUPPORTED TANK MIXES*
- Aurora, HellCat, Himalaya†
- Product may be frozen; if product becomes frozen, gently warm contents and agitate container before use
GRAZING AND HARVEST
- Do not graze or cut for forage hay until 30 days after application
- Withdraw meat animals 3 days before slaughter
- Mature crop may be harvested 30 days after application
- Fill the spray tank 1/2 full of water, start agitation and continue throughout mixing and application process.
- If required add the correct amount of dry formulation products.
- Add the required amount of MPower® 2,4-D Ester.
- Add the required amount of Buck.
- If desired add the correct amount of liquid grass weed tank mix partner (Aurora, HellCat, Himalaya)
- Add any required surfactant.
- Complete filling of sprayer and apply.
- If application is stopped prior to completion, re-suspend spray solution by full agitation prior to commencing spraying again.
- Good coverage is essential. Use higher water volumes in heavy crop canopy or weed pressure.
- Optimum control occurs when applied between 12° and 24° C in warm moist growing conditions when weeds are in the seedling stage.
- Typical symptoms of dying weeds will be visible from several hours to several days after application depending on growing conditions.
- Control of weeds may take up to 3-4 weeks.
- Avoid spraying in severe drought.
- Weed control may be reduced during stress conditions, e.g. drought, heat or cold stress, if weeds have initiated flowering, or if heavy infestations exist.