WHY USE ANACONDA?
- Same Active As Viper® + Assure™ II
- Proven control of volunteer canola, wild mustard and grass weeds in pulse crops
- Improved control of grass weeds including wild oats, green foxtail, and Japanese brome (seedlings)
- Controls or suppresses 26 broadleaf and grass weeds
- Use in all soil zones
3 modes of action for superior control and resistance management
- Early weed control timing for higher yields
- Fewer re-cropping restrictions than group 2 only herbicides
- Solid broad-spectrum control of grass and broadleaf weeds
2 leaf – early tiller
Main leaf stage
- Barnyard grass
- Green foxtail
- Volunteer barley
- Volunteer corn (5)
- Volunteer tame oats
- Volunteer wheat (3)
- Wild oats
cotyledon – 4 leaf stage
- Cow cockle
- Green smartweed
- Redroot pigweed
- Russian thistle
- Shepherd’s purse
- Volunteer canola (2)
- Wild mustard (1)
WEEDS SUPPRESSED (4)
- Cleavers (1)
- Japanese brome
- Kochia (1)
- Round-leaved mallow
- Wild buckwheat
(1) Not including group 2 resistant biotypes
(2) Not including Clearfield varieties
(3) Not including Clearfield wheat
(4) Suppression is a visual reduction in plant stand or biomass only as compared to an untreated area and is dependent on crop competition and growing conditions.
(5) Controlled at the 2-6 leaf stage
- Group 1, 2, 6
- 28% UAN at 0.81 L/ac AND Assassin® or Merge® at 2.5L per 1000L water
- Imazamox 70% water dispersible granule (WDG)
- Bentazon 480 g/L emulsifiable concentrate (EC)
- Quizalofop 96 g/L emulsifiable concentrate (EC)
- Case: 40 acres
- Bulk: 320 acres
WHEN TO APPLY
- Crop stage: Peas: 3 – 6 above ground nodes
- Weed stage:
broadleaf weeds: 1 – 4 leaf.
grass weeds: 2 leaf – early tiller
- Minimum 10 US gallons/acre (40 L/acre)
- 6 hours
- 3 months after application: Winter wheat
- 1 year after application: barley, canary seed, canola, chickpeas, corn, durum wheat, peas, flex, lentils, soybeans, spring wheat, sunflowers, tame oats
- 2 years after application: the above crops plus mustard (condiment type only)
- A field bioassay is recommended before growing crops other than those listed above.
SUPPORTED TANK MIXES
- Do not freeze
GRAZING AND HARVEST
- Do not graze treated fields or harvest for forage or hay
- Do not apply within 65 days of harvest
- Fill spray tank 3/4 full of water, start sprayer agitation and continue throughout mixing and spraying process.
- Add the required of amount of Samurai® and agitate until dissolved
- Add the required amount of Boa.
- Add the required amount of Quiz®
- Add required amount of 28% UAN.
- Add required amount of Assassin.
- Add the remaining amount of water and apply.
- If application is interrupted prior to completing application, re-suspend spray solution by agitating prior to resuming application
- Check in-line and nozzle screens between loads and clean if necessary.
- Optimum control occurs when applied between 12°C and 24° C in warm moist growing conditions when weeds are small and actively growing.
- Use a minimum water volume of 10 gal/acre for thorough coverage.
- Symptoms of control (discoloration at the growing point) will take between several hours and several days to be visible, depending on growing conditions. Control of weeds may take 3-4 weeks.
- Do not spray Anaconda if temperatures of 5 C or less are forecast within 3 days of application.
- Drought, crop stress, and variable cold or hot temperatures will negatively affect performance as weeds are not actively growing.
- Do not apply Anaconda to crops that have been subjected to stress from conditions such as hail damage, flooding, drought, hot, humid weather, widely fluctuating temperature conditions, prolonged cold conditions or injury from prior herbicide applications as poor results and/or crop damage may result,
- Occasionally transient crop yellowing may be observed after application, but this is temporary and will be outgrown and should not affect yield.